At CVMA, we are looking for individuals who are inspired by our mission, vision and values. Please see below for upcoming opportunities.
Interested in applying? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include cover letter, résumé and salary history.
Current Job Openings:
- CVMA Planning and Operations Manager Job Listing (see details below)
Canyons Village Management Association (CVMA) is seeking a candidate with experience in planning and community development. The Planning and Operations Manager is highly organized, possesses excellent interpersonal skills, is detail-oriented and demonstrates a strong ability to collaborate with project managers and clients to oversee and develop organizational goals and objectives. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with the ability to exercise sound judgment and prioritize multiple tasks, are required. The Planning and Operations Manager should have a history of understanding and interpreting complex regulations as well as reading and understanding project documents such as site plans, subdivision plats, condo plats and community CC&Rs.
As the master association for The Canyons Specially Planned Area (SPA), the CVMA performs functions similar to a municipal government for a four-season resort village:
- Oversee infrastructure (roads, sidewalks, signage, lighting, landscaping and other common amenities).
- Review design plans for future development and improvements.
- Ensuring compliance with guidelines, rules and regulations.
- Promote Canyons Village through Marketing and Events.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders such as the resort, hotels, retail partners, land owners and external stakeholders such as Summit County, Planning Commission, County Council, the City and other community organizations.
This position will assist the Executive Director in management of business affairs and operations specific to planning, development and transportation initiatives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate projects related to the Design Review Committee (DRC); schedule, attend and participate in all meetings. Provide timely, accurate and detailed recommendations as requested. Manage expectations on all project requirements and deliverables through weekly reporting. Formulate findings and recommendations on planning matters for new and previously approved projects. Consult with and advise developers, contractors, organizations and agencies to resolve complex and sensitive planning-related issues. Review requests for various permits and approvals for compliance with SPA guidelines.
- Manage and execute transportation initiatives. Develop and implement programs to achieve targeted transportation objectives. Lead efforts to identify joint opportunities with internal and external stakeholders. Actively manage monitoring program to ensure accurate data collection. Work with internal partners to educate and ensure participation. Provide quarterly and annual transportation reports to evaluate effectiveness and recommend changes when required.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a long-range strategic plan encompassing each of the CVMA’s obligations such as workforce housing and other amenities.
- Research critical issues, review and evaluate records and files for accuracy and completeness and prepare summary reports.
- Develop and manage a capital improvement plan for village upkeep and maintenance.
- Manage various stakeholders, consultants and contractors to plan and implement capital improvement projects ranging in cost and complexity.
- Assist in annual budget process, review of capital and long-term projects and funding alternatives.
- Monitor and supervise initiatives implemented through the annual budget.
- Assist in planning and executing outreach and education events associated with Association goals and initiatives.
- Assist other CVMA team members in planning and executing village-wide events ranging in size and complexity.
- Coordinate revenue assurance associated with new and transferring real estate transactions.
- Conduct administrative reviews of signage, temporary structures and event requests to ensure compliance with design and use guidelines.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Minimum of three years applying principles/procedures related to general planning and community development.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required with major coursework in planning, community development, architecture, construction management or other related fields.
- Working knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of land planning, community development, land use regulations and project management.
- Experience in public/private sector accounting, budgeting, contract management, current financial forecast analysis and planning.
- Proficient analytical skills, such as report writing, strategic analysis and interpreting complex documents.
- Ability to define problems, collect information, establish facts and draw valid conclusions that are supported and clearly communicated.
- Highly literate in Microsoft Office (heavy emphasis on Excel and Word). AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Cloud would be beneficial but not required.
- Professional certification through the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP).
- Advanced degree and additional certifications related to planning, development and transportation.
- Experience working with HOAs and government agencies.
- This job operates in a professional office environment, off site venues and outside areas in various conditions. Evening, weekend and occasional holiday hours may be required.
- Full-time, year-round position.
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance. Free ski and golf for employee and dependents. Paid vacation, flexible time-off policy and annual bonus program.
Please email email@example.com and include cover letter, résumé and salary history.