The Larry H. Miller Tour of Utah is a seven-day, world-class professional cycling race along the scenic byways of Utah. After 14 years, “America’s Toughest Stage Race” has become a summer standard and statewide showcase, attracting 400,000+ spectators and generating over $23 million in revenue for the state in 2018.
In 2019, Stage 5 will start and finish at Canyons Village at Park City Mountain on Saturday, August 17! We invite racers, family members, friends, sponsors and the public to come enjoy the festivities and stay the weekend. We’ll also be hosting a lifestyle expo and live music by The Honey Hounds as part of our weekly, free Summer Concert Series!
Event Schedule (subject to change):
- 10:30am: Ultimate Challenge race start (full route)
- 12:30pm: Ultimate Challenge race start (short route)
- 1:00pm: Lifestyle Expo Opens
- 2:30pm: Tour of Utah race start
- 5:45pm: Tour of Utah race finish
- 6:00pm: Summer Concert Series with Honey Hounds
Looking for lodging specials or packages?
- Park City Mountain: For the first time, a Tour of Utah stage starts and finishes at Canyons Village at Park City Mountain! Stay with us in the heart of Canyons Village and all the festivities of Stage 5 and the Ultimate Challenge will be right outside your door. And Stage 6, the culmination of the tour will be in historic Park City, just five miles away. We are offering 20% off lodging during this time. Reserve now to ensure you secure the property that best fits your needs! This offer may not be combined with any other package, offer or group rate. This offer, and availability, is subject to change.
- Westgate Park City: Located in the core of the Resort Village and adjacent to the start and finish line. https://resort.to/tourofutah, promo code “RACE.”
- Hyatt Centric Park City: A proud partner of TOU and located within the Canyons Village and walking distance to race start and finish. Deluxe Guest Rooms, One and Two bedroom Residences. Exclusive rates offered by calling 435.940.1234, enter prompt 1 for reservations and request rate code “SPC2.” http://parkcity.centric.hyatt.com
Interested in Canyons Golf? See below for special Tour of Utah offerings:
- TOU offers valid Thursday, August 15 (all day); Friday, August 16 – Saturday, August 17 (after 12:00 p.m.); Sunday, August 18 (all day)
- 18 holes: $50 Per Player
- Book online here with code “TOU2019“
- Public tee times available 30 days in advance
Click here to download a free copy of Super Fan’s Guide and Activity Book, a collaborative effort by organizers of the Larry H. Miller Tour of Utah and event partner University of Utah Health to promote tips on exercise, nutrition and vocabulary. This 20-page, full-color publication is illustrated through the sport of cycling in a new educational workbook for elementary-aged children this spring.
The Tour of Utah is also a 2.HC-rated UCI stage race, making it one of the top professional cycling events in North America. Showcasing some of the world’s most prestigious teams and cyclists for seven days in August, this event attracts worldwide attention as the top international cycling event that follows the Tour de France.
Against such a rich geographic and cultural backdrop, the Tour of Utah highlights the beauty of the state through the eyes of sport and is a tremendous experience for local spectators, athletes, and cycling enthusiasts from around the world. Accessibility to athletes, along with a “free admission” model, puts riders and spectators eyeball to eyeball before, during and after the event, highlighting the best of Utah’s diverse natural beauty, and the very best side of its people and culture.
Without a doubt, the Tour of Utah has achieved world-class status. Our event not only represents a forum for showcasing athletic perfection, but communicates a broader message: how individual attention to personal health and physical activity at every age will lead to a stronger, healthier society.
As part of Stage 5 the Tour of Utah offers a mass participation Grand Fondo – the Ultimate Challenge. This unique opportunity allows participants to ride the exact Stage 5 route as the pros, with a 4-hour head start. This fully supported ride has become a bucket list event for over 500 riders and is now the final leg in the Tour of Utah’s “Summer of Cycling” program. So, what are you waiting for? Don’t miss your opportunity to experience the high-adrenaline, incredibly challenging Queen Stage route exactly like the pros.
Note: Stage 6 will start and finish on Historic Main Street so make this a great weekend full of mountain experiences and world-class cycling!
Thanks to our Local Partners: