The 2019 World Championships in Snowboard, Freestyle and Freeski will be held in the Wasatch Mountains from February 1-10, 2019. Three of Utah’s world-renowned resorts – Park City Mountain Resort, Deer Valley Resort and Solitude Mountain Resort – will play host to what is expected to be the strongest World Championships ever attracting over 700 athletes from 36 nations. The FIS World Championships are held every two years, attracting the world’s best athletes to determine titles in an array of events larger than the Olympic Winter Games. The World Championships will entail some of the most exciting disciplines in the sport. Never before have all of these sports come together in such an historic location!
Utah will showcase a record 15 World Championship medal events in both genders over 10 days. They will be held on seven different competition venues at the three resorts. Two events will be contested for the first time at World Championships, big air skiing and team aerials, following approvals this past week by the FIS Congress. It will be the largest international event in Utah since the 2002 Olympic Winter Games.
Canyons Village at Park City Mountain will be home to the opening ceremony and big air skiing on Saturday, February 2nd and big air snowboarding on Tuesday, February 5th. All events in Canyons Village will be free, open to the public and will take place at night under the lights.
Interested in volunteering? Click here.
2019 World Championships Schedule of Events
- Friday, February 1
- Snowboardcross, Solitude Mountain Resort
- Saturday, February 2
- Skicross, Solitude
- Opening ceremony, big air skiing and fireworks, Canyons Village at Park City Mountain (night)
- Sunday, February 3
- Team snowboardcross, Solitude Mountain Resort
- Monday, February 4
- Parallel giant slalom snowboard, Park City Mountain
- Tuesday, February 5
- Parallel slalom snowboard, Park City Mountain
- Big air snowboarding, Canyons Village at Park City Mountain (night)
- Wednesday, February 6
- Slopestyle skiing, Park City Mountain
- Freestyle aerials, Deer Valley Resort (night)
- Thursday, February 7
- Freestyle team aerials, Deer Valley Resort (night)
- Friday, February 8
- Halfpipe snowboarding, Park City Mountain
- Freestyle moguls, Deer Valley Resort (night)
- Saturday, February 9
- Halfpipe skiing, Park City Mountain
- Dual moguls, Deer Valley Resort (night)
- Sunday, February 10
- Slopestyle snowboarding, Park City Mountain
- Closing street party and concert, Historic Main Street, Park City (night)